luni, 22 aprilie 2013
Author: Lindsay Leggett
Publication date: April 1st 2013
Genre: YA Science Fiction
Add it to: Goodreads
In my opinion this book is very interesting and the idea of the book really appeal's to me. Just read the description that is way over awesome. This one is on my list. What do you think?
The first rule of survival in the Underground: When you’re outside, keep your eyes on the skies. Ace Harpy Hunter Piper Madden is used to danger, but the death of her brother slams the brakes on her high-torque lifestyle and leaves her broken and confused.
On the run from the dictating Elder Corporation, she’s eventually found in the quiet undergound city of Ichton and asked to work for the Corp on contract to quell a new and frightening Harpy threat.
Enter the discovery of horrifying Corporation secrets, Harpy attacks, and a new friendship with the strange Asher, and Piper’s days become anything but boring.
Then, a chance encounter leaves Piper privy to a dangerous secret, ad as she and Asher team up in an effort to unravel the truth, the secrets they uncover beneath the ancient walls of the dead city will spark their world into a grand-scale war.
It always starts like this. My vision starts to blur and the
depth of the dirty brick walls plummets into a single plane, like I’m staring
into an abyss that never ends. Pins and needles prick their way over my body
and I fall backward, sinking through layers of sticky black sludge. I land with
a thud and David is before me speaking urgently. His eyes are lined with
confusion and anger.
“Piper, I don’t like what you’re doing. Please, for the sake
of our mother and our friends, put an end to it now,” he says to me. We’re at our
place in the mountains, the stars peering onto us like frail paper lanterns. I
look at him seriously, my hand over my mouth, mind reeling at what he’d said.
“You don’t understand, David. I love him,” I reply, feeling
tears brim my eyelids.
“… … ….” David’s lips are moving, but the noise coming out
of his mouth is like raw static.
“I can’t hear you. What’s going on?” I ask. He looks like I
just slapped him in the face.
“I can’t believe how selfish you are! “… … … ” He shouts,
then comes the static again.
“David, I think there’s something wrong right now. I haven’t
done anything!” I cry frantically, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him. He
brushes me off and gives me a hard stare.
“People are going to get hurt, Piper. I need you to
understand that!” he shouts.
“I don’t understand, David!” I plead, “How are people going
to get hurt?”
I hear more static come
from his mouth, but he doesn’t seem to notice, he just keeps talking, clearly
thinking he’s telling me something important. Frantically, I look around for a
clue as to what is going on. When I turn back to him, David’s face starts to
deteriorate and his body fades away to dust.
Nearly every writer struggles to put together information about themselves, perhaps because we’re so used to detailing the lives and ways of others. For the most part I am a writer, editor, photographer, and all-around artist living in the wilds north of Toronto, Ontario. I thrive on the juxtaposition of beauty and grit, enjoy urban crawls, indie everything, and time well-spent in the woods.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Jurnalul de Traznit #Provocari 4
- Recenzie Zborul de Angie Sage
- Good morning
- Book Blitz Awakened by Kriston Johnson
- Blood and Snow -Book Tour Stop- + Giveaway
- The Friday 56 #5
- Feature and Follow #6
- UPDATE Recenzia "The Beholder"
- Salutari,scuze,putin ajutor?
- The Beholder Review + Giveaway/Recenzie + Concurs
- Sacrifice by K.A.Last Cover Reveal
- Book Blitz Flight by Lindsay Leggett + Giveaway
- Winner Hell's Hollow by Summer Stone
- Winner Arrow of the Mist
- Book Blitz Found by Stacey Wallace Benefiel + Give...
- De ce citesc?
- Jurnalul de Traznit # Provocari 3
- Jurnalul de traznit #Rezolvari 2.1
- Cover Reveal Ten Days
- Cover Reveal Pretty When She Destroys
- Precomanda acum Destine la Limita
- Release of the Day - The Bane Chronicles Part 1
- Wanna add it? #3
- Mica discutie Catching Fire
- ~No title~
- When I'm reading...
- In pregatire la Epica
- Drowning in You Book Blitz + Giveaway
- Cover Reveal Epiphany
- Jurnalul de Traznit # Provocari 2
- Jurnalul de Traznit # Rezolvari 1.2
- The Friday 56 #4
- Feature and Follow #5
- Primii mei 100 de urmaritori
- First 100 Followers
- Random+Ce carti am mai primit
- Waiting on Wednesday #5
- Wattpad Zone Review #1
- Jurnalul de Traznit Rezolvari #1.1
- Castigator Concurs fulger
- Cover Reveal Passion Potion
- Anulez concursuri+Nou design
- Good morning
- Concurs fulger + Random
- Concurs(nu la mine)
- Wanna add it? #2
- Good morning+Giveaways(on my blog)/Concursuri
- Jurnalul de Traznit # Provocari 1
- Feature and Follow #4
- Concurs Jurnalul de Traznit
- Hell's Hollow Book Blitz+ 2 Giveaways
- Arrow of the Mist Book Blitz+Giveaway
- Waiting on Wednesday #4
- Concurs pentru toti bloggerii doritori
- Zombie Apocalypse #3
- Cover reveal The Secret Eater
- ▼ aprilie (57)
This is a weekly meme hosted be Parajunkee and Alison can read. This week's question: Q: Is there a song that reminds you of a book? Or...
Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted bu Parajunkee and Alison Can Read . Question of the week: Tell us about the most emotional sce...
Hello guys! Here is a little surprise for you! Title: The Samantha Project Author: Stephanie Karpinske Release date: November 15...
Title: The witch, the princess and the dragon Author: Sergiu Timus No. pages: 75 Format: Ebook and Paperback I really like the book,it was s...
Buna dragilor! Mi-a fost asa dor de voi! Nu-mi vine nici mie sa cred, dar am revenit. Dupa decizia de a ma muta pe wordpress, dupa cat...
Un produs Blogger.